If you’re a Chelsea fan, this is all you can think about right now. Boy .. you know what I’m talking about don’t you ? Champions league return game of course, Chelsea hosting Inter Milan on a return leg at the Bridge. We lost 2-1 away to Inter at the San Ciro just about 3 weeks ago, but we are heading to this game after a promising display against West Ham over the weekend. So do you think we will make it past Mourinho or not?
Well let’s think about it; here are some positives:
– Malouda was forced to play at left back in the first leg, but this time around he will be able to play upfront on the left wing. Based on his display against west ham, he could very well be a game changer. He has very good dribbling abilities, doesn’t give up the ball easily and can send some fine crosses into the box. We’ve all known this for a while, but his game has involved in the sense that now he is also able to cut into the center of the field and get shots into the box. I think this is something he has been working on under Ancelotti and it is clearly working for him and for the club.
– Drogba, after a few games without a goal ( I believe 3 exactly), our striker netted 2 goals against west ham. It’s good to see him find the nets before such a crucial game, his confidence should run high for Tuesday.
– Zhirkov is back. We have a more natural left back to play against Inter.
– Alex is in fine form, he and Terry have been solid in defense.
– zhirkov has been out for over 3 weeks now with injury and hasn’t played a full game since then.
– Anelka has been almost invisible in the past few games. Ever since Drogba returned from the african cup, Anelka has not shown any of the form he enjoyed throughout the month of January.
– Right wing. Chelsea’s right wing is offensively rather weak. We don’t have a natural winger operating there; Joe Cole is inconsistent, Anelka isn’t in good form and Ballack who plays on the right side of midfield is not creative enough to make things happen offensively.
With all of this in mind, I give Chelsea the edge over Inter. It will be a tough game, but I see Chelsea through with a 3-1 advantage on the return leg.
What are your thoughts?? please share I’m curious !